Download the letter here
Some phrases of the letter are published below:
We here at DeltaPark Neeltje Jans would like to offer our help and support in the following ways; 1. We can provide 'facilities' in the form of a semi-natural area of the DeltaPark Neeltje Jans complex. The area we are proposing is illustrated in Figure 1.
2. We can provide 'facilities' in the form of storage space for equipment, supplies and vehicles, including parking for the Free Morgan Group staff members .
3. We can provide 'facilities' in the form of an office sp2ce which would incorporate internet connections and power. In addition we would provide access to our staff rooms etc.
4. We can provide an area where it would be feasible to. place freezers should you require frozen fish to be available for Morgan.
5. We can provide holding tanks for the short-term containment of live fish to enable Morgan to reestablish her skills in hunting fish.
6. We can provide security during normal business hours, for the area where Morgan will be held.
7. We can provide an auditorium for presentations, furidraisers or workshops. This facility has the ability to project onto three large screens above a tank live of native fish.
8. We intend to offer financial support for the care of Morgan. This amount will be agreed upon at a later date.
9. We intend to provide educational displays at our expense (but with the assistance of the Free Morgan Group, please see details below). We would like to clearly outline that Delta Park Neeltje Jans in no way wishes to lay anytype of claim for the ownership or rights of or for Morgan. We are fully aware that this 'hosting' of Morgan is intended to be of a short-term riature (which may range from six months or thereabouts, to multiple years).
We only wish to facilitate her rehabilitation and release in whatever way we can.
Additionally we wish to make it transparent that we are not asking for Morgan to appear in 'shows' of the nature often associated with theme parks. However, we would like to be able for the public to view Morgan as we believe this is a perfect opportunity to educate the public, not only about orca, but also the of rehabilitation and release programs for all species.